Why I keep my blog a secret

I know there are some readers for my blog.  I don't know how many are loyal ones, but from my traffic counter, I can see some recurring readers.  If you look at the traffic counter, most of my blog readers are foreigners.  How come there are no Malaysian readers?

Well, that's because I didn't publicise my blog.  I probably did it many years ago when I first started, then I just stopped and only 1 person remained loyal, but otherwise most people whom I told about this blog has forgotten about it unless they happened to google something and my blog appears there. 

A lot of my readers do not leave comments in my blog.  Maybe because I have made it difficult for them but I have to, to eliminate spam and rude comments.  So, that's why I don't really know how many loyal readers are there and how many actually read the posts I have posted.  But it doesn't matter.

They say blogs are a thing in the past.  Now people prefer Facebook and Twitter.  I do agree that nowadays people don't read blogs that much.  Some people don't even know there's such things call blogs.

If I want more readers, I could easily publicise it in my Facebook or emailed it out to my friends.  But I don't want to do that.  I asked myself why.

From the beginning, my blog have been a space for me to write about my Sahaja Yoga journey.  Like any journey, it has its ups and downs.  I do not write my downs at all (except some really small ones) because I feel some readers, especially those who are not yet a Sahaja Yogi will think negatively about Sahaja Yoga.  It's not that Sahaja Yoga makes me down.  Sahaja Yogis will know that the journey in Sahaja Yoga is special.  You know a lot of things about yourself and you become mature and ascent higher.  In the process of knowing yourself, sometimes you will hit a road block.  Those times I struggled to understand and I questioned.  

So, I wrote mostly happy things.  Also because I don't want my blog to be filled with unhappy stuff that when I want to read back, I will remember about the unhappy stuff (because I am too good at remembering unhappy stuff than happy stuff already).  

I keep it a secret not on any purpose.  I didn't want people to read it and then tell it back to me, hey I read your blog and it's sooooo nice (hahaha, apple polishing myself).  I don't need someone to praise me (again assuming that will happen lah) about my experiences.  What I mean is, I don't need any ego boosting.  Thank you very much, I have enough ego boost and now trying to unboost.  

Not everyone will agree with me that they will all praise me etc, etc.  I know.  Some probably will be saying, what a lousy blog, the colour is not matching, the English is atrocious and talk only about Sahaja Yoga.

But I know no one will say anything that is bad about my blog mainly because 
No.1, I don't complain about others here.
No.2, I don't post on sensitive issues, like politics, religious issue, etc.
No.3, It's all my own personal experience and nothing is made up.  They cannot say it's rubbish because I really went through it.

So overall my blog is quite neutral.  Plain and boring, maybe, that's why up to now, since year 2006, I only have 6000++ visitors.  But I am not complaining.

I don't write to show off what I feel.  This blog is my memories.  Sometimes when I read back some of my posts, I will remember those times how was it and treasure the time I have now.  This is my personal feelings, my own space.  It's OK if there's no one to read it.  I seriously don't mind.  I didn't keep this a secret for any specific reason, but just want to keep my space.

I know most of my posts are about ME.  It's quite boring to just read about ME, so I am planning in the future I will post about baking.  When the renovation is done, I will have my own space and then I can bake.  

If you find this blog here on any special coincidences, welcome.  It's meant for you to find me because I am so rare that it's almost impossible to find me.

Those who have been reading my blog, Thank you very much and hope you enjoy it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1