Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1

I was reading back my old posts and I realised that I have not posted even once on how Sahaja Yoga has helped me although I keep saying that it has.  How can I forget the miracles that it has brought me and has a big effect on my life.

Between 2004-2006 (I forgot exactly which year it happened), one night after my part-time class, I came back late.  I had skipped dinner as I was late for class.  So after class, I just stopped at McD and bought myself some french fries.  I was not hungry anymore.  So I came back home and just drank a glass of cold milk.  I went to sleep after the meal.

The next day as usual I went to work.  My stomach was already not feeling so well.  I have lost appetite and again didn't eat proper breakfast and lunch.   I was already tasting sourness in my mouth but I just ignored it.  Then I was going to meet a friend for dinner.  While driving to her place, I drank a lot of water.  That was what triggered the beginning of my nightmare (short nightmare). 

I met my friend and told her I was not feeling well.  I felt like vomiting.  But I said I still want to have dinner with her, so we went ahead.  The moment I reached the restaurant, I just could not enter, as I started a bout of vomiting that was continuous.  It was very scary as I could not stopped.  I vomit until there were nothing left in my stomach and still continuing puking as my stomach just went into spasm.  I think I vomited about 10 times, non-stop, maybe more.  I would stopped for a few minutes, then the spasm would start again.  It was really horrible.  I felt so weak, so sick and my good friend was so worried about me.  I thought it is just something I ate.  So, after the 10th time of food coming out of my stomach, it was getting better.  So I decided to eat at the restaurant.  I walked in weakly and everyone stared at me because I was looking so white and pale.  I ordered something and ate but it was just not happening.  I told my friend, I think I better go to a clinic as I was feeling another round was happening again.

My friend (who is also a Sahaja Yogi), told me to recite all the mantras I know.  I managed to control the vomiting until I reached the clinic.  My friend came with me to the clinic.  I saw the doctor and told him I have vomited more than 10 times.  He immediately gave me a jab and told me it is probably just gastric.  I was given medical leave for 2 days and some medication.  But still the sourness in my mouth didn't leave and I was starting to have a throat infection due to the rough vomiting.  I had no appetite and sometimes would feel burning in my heart.  The doctor just said that it was gastric.  And I thought it was.

A few months later, I was staying in my good friend's house and it happened again.  My good friend have to hold me while I puked as I was so weak that I was going to faint from puking.  It was really very bad.  I saw the doctor and again said it was gastric and gave me some antacids.

So, I decided to do some research on my condition.  And so I found that I had what the medical profession called, Gastroesophageal reflux disease or in short GERD.  My sister also had it before me and because the doctors here somehow don't know what it was, they just keep calling it gastric.  My sister went to the hospital and got full check-up and all they could say was gastric and put her on a lot of medication.  When I found out I had GERD then only I realised that my sister too had it. 

From the internet, from various sources, I found out that there is basically no cure for GERD.  There are some medicines for you to eat, like antacid to control it but there's no medication or surgery that can actually stopped it.  Changing lifestyle is the best way to cure this disease.  I was only in my early 20s and this was the first time I had an illness that no pill can get me out except myself.  I was very upset that there was no short -cut in this.

During that time, I was still new in Sahaja Yoga.  So, I was not doing proper meditation and clearing.  When I learn that the only way to cure GERD is by changing my lifestyle, then I decided to do everything properly.  Besides monitoring my food intake ( I cannot eat deep fried, onions, any food that gives me acidity) and having more regular meals, meditation and clearing became my regular lifestyle.  I would take the mantra for clearing my nabhi and would pray to Shri Mataji to recover from this.

And believe it or not, I actually recovered faster than my sister (sister is not meditating and clearing).  Today, I can say that I am 100% cured.  I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want and how I want.  I have not taken antacid for the past 4 years.  

What I realised from this is, having GERD was part my journey in Sahaja Yoga.  Before Sahaja Yoga, when I was 11-12 years old, my parents used to bring us to see a medium (false guru).  One year, on the eve of CNY, the medium told my parents to take us to see her to change our luck as she predicted that our luck was very bad that year.  She said we must be there for the luck changing ceremony at midnight.  What she did was use a needle to poke both my nabhi fingers and wiped my blood on the yellow paper and chanted something and then burned the paper.  I didn't realised that by her doing this have given me some damage in my nabhi chakra.

So, having this GERD was showing me how weak my nabhi was due to this past practice.  So, I have no choice but to decide that if I want to change for good, if I want to get rid of GERD, meditation and clearing is my way out now.  So, in other words, by having GERD helped me to cleared my old catches, catches that I didn't realise was blocking my ascent.  

So, this was one miracle out of many miracles that Sahaja Yoga has brought me.

Next post - Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 2, I will talk about how I have recovered from another condition called Plantar Faciistis, a painful condition that affects the feet.

Disclaimer:  What I have written is based on my personal experience.  While I hope and pray that Sahaja Yoga will help anyone with any problems, like any other things, there's no definite guarantee.  It also depends on you.  Everyone's journey is different.  SO, discretion is advised.

Comments

1shan said…
jsmji bro,
bro i am feeling the same symtoms and problems..
its request u to tell me the treatment u have done for u?? thank u so much.. jsmji... waiting for the response.. !
AYMS's Mom said…
JSM! If you are having GERD too, then you need to watch what you eat. No more deep fried food or food that can cause acidity. Eat proper balanced meal on a timely basis. Don't skip any meal. See a doctor to get some medication if serious.

As for Sahaja Yoga treatments, you can clear the nabhi chakra, using Shri Lakshmi Vishnu mantra. Clear the Void as well, using the 10 gurus' name.

Everyone experience is different. If you have serious problem, I would suggest you get diagnosis from a doctor first. Or you can also visit the Belapur hospital or Noida hospital for more Sahaja Yoga treatments.

I am not a medical doctor. So, please use your discretion.
1shan said…
thank u bro for ur kind repl. . my symtoms are no appetite, feeling full, gas problem, sometimes acidity.. taking medicine but not getting full relief...

bro how long u take ur gerd medicines? u took PPI?
AYMS's Mom said…
Sorry, I don't know what is PPI. I took antacid to help the acidity. And did a lot of clearing for the nabhi and void. Also introspected on what's the cause of this and change some bad habits.

Maybe you need to change your diet?
1shan said…
yen i woke up wi bad taste of mouth.. i dont have any bad habits like drinkingvand smoking.. even common fruits make b acitic and gassfull.. according to ur suggestions i will work on my, nabhi and all.. and ppi are proton pump inhibter like omeparazol, pantoprazole, rabeparazole etc... taken empty stomac...
thanks bro for giving ur valuabke time to me.

bro what is void? i dint get void?
thanks.. jsmji
1shan said…
and bro which antiacid u took? and how long?
ur reply will be very appreciative.. :-) and can i have milk with my gym food suppliment?
AYMS's Mom said…
Void = bhavasagara, where the 10 gurus are resided. Hope your clearing helps.

Take care!
1shan said…
yen im sorry dear i thought u r a boy... :O ur blog is very nice.. and this blog is like ppls commecome to know about dis lovely blog.. i will recommend this blog to all sahaj yogis..
thanks.. jsmji..
and my facebook email ishan2i2008@gmail.com
if u wish u can add me.. tc jsmji
AYMS's Mom said…
Thanks for liking this blog!
1shan said…
hello dear yen.. jsmji... i want to ask u one thing that how many long u take to recover? how many days or months? waiting for ur response.. jsmji..
AYMS's Mom said…
It took me almost 1 year I think. Can't really remember now, but it gradually improves and suddenly I feel normal again.

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis