Ignorant people

First of all, I want to emphasise that we must give self-realisation to as many people as possible to save them from a lot of things, one of them is ignorance. 

If you notice the trend in my blog, I usually do not like to post negatively or vent my anger or say bad things against anyone.  So, at times, you will see there will be a long break.  Those are the times when I am down and unhappy until I am unable to post a positive, happy post (except those time when I am genuinely busy with work).   

One thing for sure, one cannot blame them for being ignorant.  It's the society that is making people more stupid.  I was once like them until I receive my self-realisation and saw truth.  So, I must spread the truth now.

I was born in Malaysia and we live among Malays, Chinese and Indians.  We live in harmony although there are some feathers ruffled here and there due to political reasons. 

My grandmother used to tell me that during her time the 3 races were very united.  Helping each other out when one is in trouble and sharing whatever food they have when there's no food.  They learn each other lifestyle, traditions and people.

Over time, generations after generations were created.   However, many of us have forgotten the traditions of others, especially the younger generations.  Maybe because our parents have also forgotten what their parents have told them and they have forgotten to tell us about it.  

So, we started calling each other names.  We think it's OK since we think that the other races won't understand what we say when we said it in our mother tongue, but it is actually derogatory.  We make fun of their culture and traditions.  We told stupid racist joke.  We become selfish in our own ways, everyone just looking to see where can get money fast.  We don't know and don't care about other religions and practices as we feel it's none of our business.  But it is so so sad to do that.  

I have posted earlier on how ignorant my colleagues were (ex-colleagues now) here and here.  Since I was working in a company where 99% are Chinese, I didn't realise that so many Chinese are so ignorant until then.  It is just so unfortunate.

Sahaja Yoga has helped me so much.  Sahaja Yoga Malaysia consist of Sahaja Yogis from different races and from different background.  So, we respect each other and love one another.  There are many new things we learn through Sahaja Yoga and one of them is India.

I have been to India 4 times now.  Went to Delhi, Mumbai, Ganapatipule and Pune.  If it is not because of Sahaja Yoga, I would not even step into India.  Why?  Because I have heard so many 'scary' things about India.  Also, from the news, it looks like Indians are always fighting and there's bomb here and there.  But through Sahaja Yoga, I have learn not to judge based on news, gossip and rumours which most of the time are totally untrue.  Through Sahaja Yoga, I learn not to look at things in a negative manner for in every situation, there is always a positive side to it.  That's when we see the truth.

Unfortunately, many people are not as lucky as Sahaja Yogis.  Let me just tell you why.  

One of my Chinese friend will be going to India with her family for a tour.  She was so worried about her trip as this is the first time to India and she has heard many news, rumours and gossip about India - all negative.  She posted on her FB about how she felt and her friends replied that you will see dead bodies floating on the river and my friend was even more scared than before.  I told her that India is a beautiful country with beautiful people.  Don't judge a country and their people just based on what you hear or what you see in news.  Just because they speak a different language, doesn't mean that they are any different from you.  Go and see for yourself and find out more.  Of course, you need to have an open heart to do it.  If you close your heart and think negatively, you will come back with the same opinion as before you go.  

Anyway, you cannot change a person by just talking.  But I cannot blame her for being ignorant because she is not alone.  There are many more out there, not only Chinese, but also Malays and Indians.  Even their parents are ignorant, so if you are brought up like that, you become like that and you think that's right.  

It's just so sad.  Since we are living in a country where there are different cultures and traditions, why don't we take this chance to learn?  Understand them.  Don't jump to conclusion.  Just because our skin colour is different from the others, doesn't mean that we are more special than them.  

Shri Mataji has taught us a lot.  She has brought different races together to share, to love and to respect each other.  Now, I have brothers and sisters from India, Romania, Russia, Australia, China, Singapore and the list continues.  

I was reacting when my friend said negative things about India and I told her off and tried correcting her.  Like I said, you cannot change a person by just talking and she continue to be like that.  I was very irritated by that and especially when we Sahaja Yogis know that India is a sacred place with beautiful vibrations, I feel I need to share that with non-yogis too to change their mindset.  Then I was chatting with an Indian brother and he forwarded me an email and I realised that I am not alone.  

As Sahaja Yogis we will try our best, to be Shri Mataji's instrument to spread the truth.  But if people chose to be ignorant, then there's nothing we can do.  So, get your self-realisation here and see and enjoy and appreciate the beauty of the world, feel joy and get connected with the Divine.  See life in a different view and enjoy life to the fullest.

P/S : The above photo is the beautiful, sacred Ganga river in India. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1