Mogra

Photo taken from www.flowersof india.net

I found out that there are 2 types of jasmine when I was told a story by a Sahaja Yogi.

He said that one day Shri Mataji asked for mogra flowers and someone brought Her jasmine flowers and Shri Mataji said, no this is not mogra, this is jasmine.  

What is the difference between jasmine and mogra?  Jasmine has fewer petals while mogra has many.  Both smell almost the same except that I find mogra's smell sweeter.  

Here in Malaysia, we can find jasmine flowers a lot.  The Indians usually make garlands using jasmine buds.  

One day, I found mogra.  And it was just a plant in my friend's house but since the flowering is not very frequent compare to a jasmine plant, no one notices that it is actually a mogra plant.  Then when it flowers, I told my friend, 'Hey this is the plant that Shri Mataji mentioned!!!'

I was so happy to find that it's a mogra plant.  No one know where it is from and how it got there (although it is potted).

From that time onwards, I have been trying to transplant it, by cutting it twigs and putting it into root growing powder.  For the past few years, I have only successfully transplanted mogra 3 times.  1 was given to a friend (I hope it is surviving) and 2 was killed by gardener who thought that it is a weed.  

My friend was very generous and gave me the whole pot of the original mogra plant.  Now I can try to transplant more.  The plant is getting older but it is flourishing.  

I have done some experimenting and found that the plant needs a lot of sunlight and irrigation.  But for new transplanted mogra, it cannot take direct sunlight or too much water.  It's either the leaves will dry up (if too much sun) or the leaves will shriveled up and die (if too much water).  So, there need to be a balance in between.  I find that the transplant works best, if the transplanted mogra is put in a shade (like under a bigger plant), but still remains directly under the sun (not indoors).  Since in Malaysia there's always rain, no need to water the transplanted mogra so much.

I have tried transplanting more since getting the mogra plant as a gift.  But so far it has not been successful as I have yet to find the perfect place to put it. 

I am waiting to get the balcony so that I can put the mogra plant there and try transplanting new ones.  I have also plan to plant grass as I missed my grass so much (renovation, therefore no more grass).  I was told I can try planting grass in plastic kiddie pool.  So, I might try that out.  I also plan to plant some wheat grass.  I missed the greens.

I just love the fragrance of mogra flowers.  And I love to offer to Shri Mataji flowers that are planted in our own garden.  So, wish me luck and hope I can transplant a new mogra plant.  

I will keep on experimenting and try until the day it is successful and I will give a pot to my friend who gave me the whole pot of mogra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1