Happy New Year 2022!!! LTSVP, work endorsement, Residence Pass

Hi everyone!  Long time didn't write.  Ok let's get to the point.

Back in November 2021, I made appointment to renew my husband's work endorsement, which was then expiring in December 2021.  So as per previous years, I made the appointment close to the expiry date.

As his LTSVP was also expiring in Jan 2022, I just filled up all the necessary forms to apply together, just like previous years.  Bear in mind, he has been in Malaysia since 2012.

However, the appointment was so full that I manage to make the appointment few days after the expiry date of the work endorsement, which I believed should be fine.

On the appointment day, as usual we stopped at the Court first which is just about 20 minutes walk from JIM in order to get the Commissioner of Oath certification on the marriage status.  

But come to think of it, there is now a Commissioner of Oath on the 2nd floor of JIM Putrajaya.  So, you don't really have to walk to the Court.

After we have done at the Court, we went to JIM Putrajaya to queue.  At the Ground Floor, the officer will check your documents to see if everything is in order before allowing you to proceed and give you a sequence number.

We got the number and went to 3rd floor to wait for our turn.  After 2 hours, we were called and I went to the counter and submitted all the forms.  However, the officer said they no longer do manual submission for LTSVP.  Instead I was supposed to submit online.

My bad for not listening to my gut feelings.  I have read about this in the Foreign Spouses Support Group in FB but I thought I can still do manual.  I mean it was only implemented in December 2021 and so I assumed that we can still do manual submission.  It's really my bad for not checking and not listening to my gut feelings that kept telling me to submit online, but I didn't.

So here's the deal.  Submit the renewal of LTSVP online.  Once it is approved within 3 working days, you will receive email and then you are to pay online as well.  Print out the receipt and make appointment again.  Go to JIM again and then repeat the above steps and when your number is called, submit your all your documents together with the work endorsement renewal and then wait for your them to call you again.

The 2nd time they call you, it's to check against the original documents.  Then wait again and the 3rd and final time they call you is to collect your passport.  

We finished in 3 hours time.  So I highly complement JIM for allowing online submission now.  I just hope work endorsement can also be submitted online too.

Next, we will attempt to apply for Residence Pass.  Once approved, he can stay and work for 5 years.  If anyone would like to apply for this, please drop by JIM (at Putrajaya is Level 1) to get all the necessary information and forms.  The officer will explain to you one by one.  It's more tedious than LTSVP.

And good news to all those whose spouses are from China and Africa.  Previously, all the applications you have to go through JIM Putrajaya only.  However, now you can submit online and it can be done at any JIM near you.  

Pro-Tip: On the appointment website, different branches will have different services.  Like I was told that I can choose the sticking of the LTSVP on the passport as one of the services when I make appointment and that is quite fast, rather than make appointment under LTSVP.  But this is only applicable to JIM Shah Alam and not JIM Putrajaya.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1