Rakhis

Last Saturday, we had a great Shri Krishna Puja and raksha bandhan ceremony. All was well. At first, we wanted to sell the rakhis at RM1 each, but then it was getting quite complicated and I wasn't keen of collecting money right after puja, so decided to scrap the idea off last minute.

I know the Indians have a very creative way of making rakhis. I still don't exactly know how they did it, so someone taught me a very simple way. Here's how :

What you need :

Assorted colourful threads (I used DMC because their colours are just amazing and the thread is a good thread, colours don't run)

Scissors

A partner to help you

What you do :

Cut 2 different coloured thread (depends on how creative you are). I usually make sure the length is about 30 cm. Can be a bit less, but depends on the size of your brother's wrist.

Tie a knot at one end and separate the 2 colours. Ask your partner to hold one end and you the other end. Then just twist clock wise, both of you, together until the thread tightens up and you can see spiral. Then take your partner's end and hold the 2 ends together and release.

The rakhi will automatically twist itself and then tie another knot to finish up.

There you go!! A simple rakhi string.

This year I didn't make any rakhi strings because we had 100 left overs from last year. Guess will have to make for next year now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1