How to cope with jet lag?

My body is confused.  I arrived on a Tuesday and I slept pretty much on the plane knowing that I always have bad jet lag.  On Wednesday I was on leave, so I managed to catch on some sleep.  I went to work on Thursday and though there were some signs of jet lag, I still managed to get by.  Friday was a public holiday and I slept in throughout the weekend.  I thought I was fine.

Until Sunday.  I had a hard time trying to sleep at 11pm and the whole night I was awake and managed to catch snippets of sleep here and there and got up at 6am.  Went to work and after lunch, the eyes will automatically be closing and the brains stopped working.  Stomach will be hungry at the wrong time and not hungry at the correct meal time.

It's a very busy and crucial time at work right now, with many deadlines to meet, but I cannot focus.  Monday night I tried to sleep again but failed.  Yesterday I went back home after work and was terribly sleepy.  I was happy and thought wow, finally.  Slept at 10pm, woke up at 11pm and guess what, it's so hard to fall asleep again.

Sorry to bore you with my sleeping stories but jet lag is very annoying.  I tried sleeping with ice pack, foot soak nicely, but the body just would not listen.  I just cannot control my body and definitely not the guru of my body, no matter how hard I try.  I didn't think it was jet lag, until the third night of not getting a decent sleep.  

It was not as bad as this last time.  Coming back from US with the 12 hour difference was still manageable.  I was just sleeping more.  But now, I can't sleep at the correct sleeping time.  I can't stay awake at the non-sleeping time.  It's driving me nuts.

So I come to the conclusion that if anyone experienced jet lag, coupled with stress from work and family and HUGE stress on something else,  with all the emotions all jumbled up inside, jet lag becomes worse!!  It's crazy and I feel helpless because I tried so many things.  

I did the mantra too, Aum Twameva Sakshat Shri Nidra Sakshat Shri Adi Shakti Mataji Shri Nirmala Devyai Namo Namah and Ya Devi Sarva Bhuteshu Nidra Rupena Samstita Namas Tasyai Namas Tasyai Namas Tasyai Namo Namah.  It will put me to sleep for a few hours then I will be wide awake again.

It's a public holiday tomorrow and I do hope that I will get a decent sleep tonight.  I miss my sleep.  You know, those that once your head hit the pillow, you are knocked out till the alarm wakes you?  

The body is now sleeping at the time when it's neither a sleeping time in Cabella, London or Malaysia and awake at those sleeping time.  Like now, I am very sleepy but it's 6pm in Malaysia and noon in Cabella. 

So, why am I so sleepy now????!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1