Yuva Shaktis

Finally, I get some free time to blog. Been really busy in this peak time.

Yesterday, I have accidentally came accross 2 teenagers blog. After reading a few posts, I was wondering what is happening to this world because a phenomenon has hit Malaysia, and it has been happening gradually from the influence of the West.

When I was in school, at that time the latest video game was Mario Brothers. I was of course, like the other teenagers, crazy about it and when my dad finally got me one, I was so stuck to it. Then there was the walkman craze, later was discman. Handphone craze only came about when I was in college.

There was also no Astro, so we were stuck to TV1, TV2 and TV3 and for a short period of time, Metrovision. NTV7 came much later. My sister and I would record movies on the TV, especially during CNY when all the chinese movies will be aired, though it is not the most up to date. Then we will play these movies when we are free and watches them. We repeatedly watch these movies to spend our time, especially during school holidays.

There was also no Internet, until when I was in Form 3. So, all my projects were researched from newspapers and magazines. No chatting online until when I was in college, when MIRC and ICQ was the latest craze.

Somehow, we survived. And from talking to people older than me, I've found that I have more priviledges than them, and they turned out great!!!

Today, kids are so so materialistic. Somehow, I am not sure whether the blame goes to the parents or the West influence or just peer pressure? The latest MP3 player, the most innovative handphone, iPod lah, digital camera lah, whatever latest gadgets you can find in the market, you can find them in the hands of our kids.

Can we stop this materialism from spreading to our collective, to our Yuvas? How can we help?

It is difficult to stop this craze as it is all over the world, the ads, the promotions.

Meditation and being in balance helps us to see these shallowness, but still sometimes we are tempted. How can we as Yuvas win this battle? Please give your ideas.

Comments

beautifulday said…
Ask them to meditate and don't think too much.

I have been working on too much on how to invest, how to use money to bear money, then I realized it could be the biggest Maya human ever created.

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1