Understanding love

You know what is good about having a blog?  Sometimes when I am trying to think of what topic to blog about and I start to wonder what are the things in my mind and then I have some questions, like right now I am trying to decipher the meaning of love, then I will search for speeches, extracts, quotes by Shri Mataji on this topic and by doing so I learn more about it and stop my mind from wandering further.

Love

"It is said that God is love, you have heard that many a times and many people have explained in their own ways what is love, but to feel that love is the best way of understanding it. Even if you explain or describe in all details, though it is described in all detail, you cannot enjoy love without experiencing it. This experience comes to us because God himself has placed within us the mechanism to absorb this love and to manifest it. It is a very delicate mechanism within us, extremely delicate. This mechanism is placed in our heart and by our ignorance so many times we spoil this mechanism or disturb it, or sometimes even completely destroy it. The light of love is joy, anything else cannot give you joy. Its only the love that you feel in your heart (that) gives you joy.

This mechanism acts in seven layers within us. In the periphery of these seven layers we gave got ripples of this joy arising they come to the shores of our brain and create the bubble of joy, but again if the brain is a very rational rock then these bubbles dissolve giving no effect to the rock. So, a loving person is thousand times better than a rational person."

H.H.Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
extract from Advice on All the Chakras, Mumbai, India, 30/12/79
I am a rational person.  I always try my best to understand everything by rationalising and breaking it down to details.  Sometimes I failed badly at it because I will rationally jump into conclusions about things.  

What is love?  

When you feel a warm feeling in your heart, is that love?
Someone told me that we cannot fall out of love.  Once we love someone, it's forever.  
Another person said if you love someone, you have to let them go and do things they want to do.
A motivation speaker once told me that you cannot fall in love.  You grow in love, not fall.  Love is grown.

Shri Mataji said in Her speech above, that to know love is to experience it.
Sound simple and yet so tough. 

To be honest, as much as I want to be love, and I know I am loved, I am still afraid of love.  I am afraid to love.  Scared to be hurt.  My heart is closed for renovation.  Maybe that's why I cannot feel happiness, joy and all those delightful things around me.  Maybe that's why I cannot see rainbow but just grey skies.  Maybe I need to be brave and open my heart to love, to experience love, then only I will feel joy.

Hmmm...I see a connection here.  Let see.  Scared to love - closed heart - no courage - no joy.  OK, seems like the heart is the main thing.  Quality of the heart is courage and joy.  Closed heart causes feeling of dryness and therefore no joy could be felt.  A person who have no courage doesn't allow the heart to open and therefore that person is scared of everything.  Love can help to open the heart and welcome the feeling of joy.  OK, how to get that mechanism that Shri Mataji mentioned?
See, this is how a rational person works.  I am like a rock.  Love cannot be deciphered by a rock person like me.  Hmmm...what is it that I have to do to understand love?  

"It is important to learn that love is your life, love is spirituality."
 - Feb. 25, 2001, Advanced Program, Pune India
"'Love is the main thing. When there is love, there is energy, there is patience and there is wisdom. Love has to be there first"
- Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi - Italy - 2008 
"If you have love, you can correct people without saying anything to them because love is a supreme intelligence."
- 2002 – March 23, Advanced Program, Delhi, India

"If love is killed, joy is lost. You cannot have joy without love."
- 1989 – May 6, Advanced Program, Sorento, Italy

"You can do marvels and miracles if you have developed the understanding of love."
- April 21, 2002 – Advanced Program, Instanbul, Turkey

Quotes are taken from www.sahajayogaquote.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1