Making rakhis and more



Hi everyone!  It's been 3 months since I last wrote.  Many bloggers are already quitting and moving to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.  Since I am not famous and doesn't like to be in the public so much, I am still blogging, though not regular.  Even Blogger doesn't have new skin anymore. The last theme that was updated was 2 years back?  And I just checked and it's still the same skin offered.

It's time for Raksha Bandhan again, so it's time to make rakhis!

This year, I decided to spend more time to do something new.  Having a girl means I have to do twice the amount of rakhis.  For her, the rakhis will be simple.  For me, this is how it would look like.

Found this new technique to weave a rakhi string using just 7 strings and a cardboard.  Learned this from Facebook.  Here's the link.  

I thought this new style is very meaningful, 7 strings represent one chakra per string and weaving, intertwining with each other to become a nice bracelet is like the vibrations of the 7 chakras going clock-wise in our subtle system.

And it becomes this rounded bracelet with 7 different colours.  It's taking a longer time compared to the easy rakhi that we have been making for years.  One rakhi can take up to 1-2 hours?  I am not sure because I will be doing on and off while at work.

Past few days been introspecting a lot about my own being.  Probably the effects from the solar eclipse and the full moon over the weekend, makes me wonder about a lot of things, mostly about life and money.  

To be honest, money has been on my mind quite a bit.  It is affecting my nabhi and my girl get affected by it as well.  I have over-committed myself and now suffering from it.  Then I began to envy others who are living financially better off, changing new cars, buying new house, travelling overseas every now and then.  Then I wondered to myself, what have gone wrong in my life?

The weight of the financial burden stresses me up and I find myself venting it out on my girl and husband.  Outside I looked ok, but inside I felt so messy.

Things began to look up a bit this year since I decided to get back to Sahaj work.  I felt Shri Mataji has helped me a lot.  The more Sahaj work we do, the more our things are sorted out.  I felt that so strongly.

Honestly speaking, I haven't been doing Sahaj work since I got married.  I was quite active when I was still a Yuva Shakti but the moment I got married, everything was put on hold.  That was the time to sort out my inner feelings.  Marriage is such a big thing that if we are not surrendered enough, the circumstances threw us off left and right.  It took me some time to sort out the fact that I was single a moment ago and then there was someone else in my life, for the rest of my life.

Then baby came along and the more I procrastinated.  I was still active in the bhajan group when I was pregnant but the moment I gave birth, I can't join them anymore.  Not that I was prohibited.  Just that I was so busy with a baby that I can't concentrate with the bhajan group, the practices, etc.  So, I became an on and off singer.  

When my girl turned 2, I decided that enough is enough.  I can't hold on things any longer.  I felt my life has been in a slum and I want to do something for Shri Mataji and want to change the pace.  I began to take up more responsibilities, helping out in new Sahaj classes and being one of the committee members in the Bal Shakti school that we have started.

Initially I was very scared.  I haven't spoke about Sahaj to public for many years.  I am not sure if I can do it again.  So I decided to start slow, and just help out bit by bit.  I can't take a mic and talk yet, but I am talking to new people in the class, giving them self-realisation and also learning from others how to talk in class to new people.

And then I find that things start to change around me.  I can do things that I never thought I can do.  For example, I gave self-realisation in Cantonese.  And I realised that marrying my husband has helped my Cantonese improved so much, that I began speaking like native Guangdong people.

Financially also it has been improving.  I used to hear yogis telling me not to worry about money.  That it will come.  There's always enough.  Now I believed it.  It's true.

I find every time I joined a new class and meditate with the newcomers, the vibrations were much better.  That is the time also I can get into deeper meditation and get out of all the worries and depressive tendency.

It has been very rewarding when doing Sahaj work.  Definitely got me out of being unhappy and revived my vibrations again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1