Have a good life

An old gentlemen wished me that when I bade him good bye.  He is a retired Austrian man and currently in Malaysia with his wife to visit their daughter, who is the Austrian ambassador in Malaysia.

I felt it was a good wish, from someone who had lived a good, long life, still happily married and very joyous and bubbly.  I thought that was very sweet of him, with his limited English, he gave a very nice, appropriate wish.  

That makes me wonder, what is a good life?  Others pointed out, "Aren't you having a good life now?"  

This journey of life, I have only threaded less than half of it's length, given the probability that I will live to my 80s.  I haven't been through as much as others and many people is telling me, my life is just at the beginning.

To have a good life, one has to appreciate everything we have and not worry about anything, be at present moment and enjoy everyday, every second, every moment, and enjoy the disadvantage too.

Here's a short excerpt of Shri Mataji's speech:

"First time I went to America, I also went by ship.  Now the ship has one problem: that it cannot have any problem.  Because there are no solutions.  It is so limited.  Whatever is not on the ship is not there.

Supposing you want to have a pair of scissors, it's not on a ship, so you cannot find it.  So there's no problem.  

Because you have possibilities and you have choices that's why there is a problem.  So on the ship you start understanding, whatever we have we are happy.  

In the same way a Sahaja Yogi should be: whatever we have we are very happy.  So there is no problem.  Supposing you are lost on the way somewhere then you have to say, 'I have to be here.  That was God's desire, so I'm here.  So I'm not lost.  Whatever is myself is with me.  So how can I be lost?'

There are all such things you see.  Because there are many people who write to me about their problems.  And the problems are such that actually there are no problems.  Once you start thinking like that you will be amazed how the problems get solved.  Now Italy had no rain for all these days.  And that people wanted that there should be rain, before I come."

- Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, Talk given on board of the ship to Capri on 5.5.89

HAVE A GOOD LIFE PEOPLE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1