The simple things can be joyful

My husband gave me a gift when I was in China recently.  It was an external hard disk.  It was black and thick and simply not beautiful.  But the contents were priceless.  It has a collection of audio and video of Shri Mataji's talks from 1970s to 2000s.  This is like the best gift ever, because here's why.  




My husband is not fluent in English and all these talks are in English with no Chinese subtitles.  For many nights, he loaded the hard disk with all the contents and he knew he won't be the one using the hard disk.  It was very thoughtful of him.  

Recently, I found a very good website with full transcripts of Shri Mataji's talks, interviews, puja, etc.  This is the website, www.amruta.org.  I have been enjoying reading them when I have free time at work and it surely enlightens my day.

So, what I will do for him is, I will translate some of the transcripts into Chinese for him to read.  Not that I am very good in translation, but thanks to Google Translate, I managed to finish one easy one.  In the process, I also learn a few Chinese words myself.  

Today, I plucked a mogra flower from the garden and offered it to Shri Mataji's photo at my work desk.  The sweet-smelling Mogra fragrance is so calming, relaxing and brings a certain feeling inside, don't know how to explain.  Just looking at the pretty white flower gives a certain enjoyment.  It makes me feel that God is so great, by creating all these little beautiful things for us to enjoy.



Life has been quite challenging and complicated lately.  But I have good friends and a supportive husband.  They reminded me that life can be simple and God is great.  Sometimes joy comes in the simplest things.  

I have been quite impatient and hoping for instant miracles and solutions.  Guess patience is virtue.

"Now this patience is most joy giving. Patience gives you the greatest joy. When you are patient you develop all your qualities. I think in patience you blossom the best. But patience is not be patient, be patient. Patience is also a kind of a state within us with just this patience, Saburi as they call it. You just watch and see. Wherever you are you are." Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, Ganapatipule, 1988


Comments

John Noyce said…
Visit the Sahaja Library:
http://vimeo.com/sahajalibrary (videos)
http://soundcloud.com/sahaja-library (audios)

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1