The power of music

I have forgotten the power of music. Today I took out 3 candles to clear my left side and after a glance at my harmonium, suddenly thought of clearing with music intead. I started by warming up my voice by singing A U M from Sa to low Pa. Then I felt today I should clear my Mooladhara. So, I sang the aroh and avaroh of Raag Shyam Kalyan, first in sargam, then in akar. Then I sang Shri Ganesha mantra. In Raag Shyam Kalyan. It was only a 10 minutes workout and at the end of it, I already felt cool breeze. I have indeed forgotten the power of music clearing. To me, I find clearing with music is very efficient, fast and effective. Ther are many other sorts of clearing, candling, foot soaking, paper burning, shoe beating, etc and all of these clearings are also very good, but I can feel faster with music. Probably it is just me, because I relate better to music. And yet, I take it for granted being sheer lazy. I realize that a person who is very balance, when they sing, the vibrations are very powerful. When a person who is less balance sing, the vibrations will still be there, just lesser and milder. However, I always have this impression that I feel better when other people sing, just not me singing. Therefore, I take this as an excuse not to do my music practice. Again, sheer laziness. When we sing, we don't think. Maybe that is why it is so effective. Past few days, I was really out. Today, I came home, shoe beated and had a longer clearing and meditation and now I feel better and hopefully it stays that way. I tend to go back to bad habits, so really hoping this time it is going to be different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1