Simplicity

My husband is a simple man.  I think I have a lot to learn from him.  I am actually not in the mood to write.  Many things happened in the past few days and totally drained me emotionally.  All the emotions were so mixed up that I felt like a 'rojak' person.  

I was unhappy and could not find a way to get out of it.  So, I vented to my husband and thought he would side me and agree with me.  After hearing my story, instead of siding anyone, he told me just live life simply, don't be so complicated, then I will be happier.  I really admire that.  It woke me up immediately and my heart immediately relieved and I was feeling joyful again.  He was right, if I were less complicated, many things would have been different.  Besides, I feel many people around me are complicated which is why all these complications arise.   

Anyway, now and then I will be reminded of what happened and I really don't like it.  After reading the article below, then I realise that I am not in control of my own attention which is why I keep on thinking about it and making myself miserable and the ego is encouraging this mood.  Yup, let's forgive and move on.  There's a reason in everything and whatever happened had happen for a reason.

Watch your attention


By Pragya Pradhan 
When someone takes control of your thoughts, you lose the enjoyment of being in the present moment. Perhaps, it’s better to forgive and move on in our meditation. When we keep our attention within ourselves, we connect better to our spirit…

Author: Pragya Pradhan
Author
From the Himalayan foothills of India, where she attended an international school, to the wild west land of Arizona, where she lives currently, Pragya Pradhan, a law graduate and freelance writer, has developed a keen interest in various cultures, lifestyles and philosophies. She is passionate about meditation and has practiced Sahaja Yoga for over 25 years. In the moment
Keeping our lives in balance is as simple as understanding the fundamentals of any game. Consider the game of soccer. Oftentimes players bruise their knees and shins either because they’ve tripped or because someone has kicked them. Surprisingly, that doesn’t stop the game. In fact, the “victim” may keep playing, forget the hurt, focus on the game and play the best he or she can to score a winner goal.
In the game called life, sometimes we too face people who hurt us whether intentionally or not. When our focus stays on the hurt or on them, we can’t forgive, and all our thoughts are obsessed with how to get them back. We lose focus of the present and dwell in the past which doesn’t exist. In soccer, when a player does not pay attention to his game, he loses, and it brings the whole team down. Even if the attention shifts for a minute, the opponent takes control of the ball, and the game can be lost.
When someone takes control of your thoughts, you lose the enjoyment of being in the present moment. Perhaps, it’s better to forgive and move on in our meditation. When we keep our attention within ourselves, we connect better to our spirit, which is a source of deep joy within our hearts. Whether you wish to meditate out in the fresh autumn air or in a humble corner of your home, give yourself some time, and you’ll soon find an expanding state of blissful silence.

http://www.freemeditation.ca/articles/2009/09/24/watch-your-attention/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1