The Shakti power

Today I was amazed at how strong and powerful a woman can be.  No, I am not talking about lifting heavy weights or doing abnormal stunts.  I am talking about the internal stuff, the nourishing factor, the motherly love, the enduring it all.  Shri Mataji has mentioned that woman should be like Mother Earth, how She endured all on Herself and keep on giving and giving.

"Now, when you get married to your husbands, try to understand that you are the Mother Earth, and you have to give.  And because you have powers, you can give.  Because you have so many Shaktis within you, you have to give." - Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, date unknown.

I used to have many friends who were getting married.  Now I have many friends who are pregnant.  From the amazing stories I heard about carrying a child to full-term, to losing a baby due to miscarriage, to doing so many daily things while still taking care of the husband and to keep on giving love.  They have to go through the pain and the best part is that they just endured.

As for myself, I am yet a wife, what more a mother.  All these while, all I have been is a sister and a daughter.  At the beginning, I dislike being a female and once wondered what will it be like, if I am a male instead.  I felt at that time that female have to do so many things, tolerated, sacrificed, and in the end, may lose it all through betrayal, death, etc, etc.  I felt women are suppressed all the time and being a women has more disadvantages than advantages.  

But after Sahaja Yoga, Shri Mataji reminded us, that being a woman is special, as long as we do not become like man.

"I think it's so great to have been born a woman Myself, because I can enjoy the heart, the emotions.  The emotions of My love, the working and the play of My love.  It's so great that no incarnation can enjoy that as I can.  So the women should not feel degraded if they have to look after the heart, but they are in a higher, in a way, in a higher aspect.  You can do without thinking but you cannot do without the heart." - Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, 1986 Sahasrara Puja, Alpe Motte, Italy.

Now that I am soon to be promoted to another role, sometimes I am a little worried about the road ahead of me.  It's going to be exciting, unpredictable and full of surprises.  Some Sahaj sisters told me that because I am the Shakti, I have the power to turn things around, to make things good.  I don't know about this power.  Really?  Anyway with Shri Mataji with me, what is there to be afraid of?

"If women understand their maturity and their responsibility as women, because they are the shaktis (powers), they are the power of the family, and they are the potent shakti for the husband as well as for the children, but if they get disturbed then the husband is disturbed and children are also disturbed." - Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, 1981 Nabhi Chakra - 3rd Public Program, Sydney.

"You are the one who has to smooth down everything.  You are the one who has to bring such expression of love, such sweet things, that the family itself is rested in you, secure in you.  Because you are the mother.  The family must feel secure within you, and this love is your power.  This is your power that you can give love, and giving love you will find you will always enrich yourself..." - Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, 1988 Shri Fatima Puja, Switzerland.

Shri Mataji also said that women are the fragrance while men are like the flowers.  

"So the two roles of men and women is like the, I would say, the flower and the fragrance.  Which is higher: flower or the fragrance?  If there is no flower, there is no fragrance.  But without fragrance what is a flower?  In the same way the flower shows, but who is the beauty, and who is the fragrance is the wife.  That is how is should be." - Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, 1980, Marriage and Collectivity, UK

To all the men out there, love and respect your women.  

To all the women out there, you are the greatest!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1