Travel around the world?

My friend told me that I have traveled around the world but I told her no, which is the truth.  I have only been to (from the oldest record to current):
  • Singapore
  • China (Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou)
  • Australia (Melbourne, Sydney)
  • Italy (Cabella Ligure, Genoa - coming soon)
  • India (Mumbai, New Delhi)
  • America (New York, Los Angeles)
  • Indonesia (Batam)
  • United Kingdom (London) - Coming soon
That's it.  I won't take into account places that I have to transit like:
  • Bangladesh - Dhaka (transit on the way to Cabella)
  • UAE - Dubai (stayed one night, transit on the way to Cabella)
  • Italy - Rome (1 hour transit on the way to Cabella)
  • Sweden - Stockholm (1 hour transit on the way to New York)
  • Taiwan - Taipei (1 hour transit on the way to Los Angeles)
 There are still many places that I would like to visit like:
  • Korea - My dad worked there for 2 years and my sister and my mom visited him there.  I didn't go due to work commitments but now regretted not going at that time when accommodation was free.  I heard the cherry blossom was really beautiful and that overall it's a very clean and beautiful country.
  • New Zealand - I saw photos of it and I love the scenic places that New Zealand has.
  • Japan - I love Japanese food.  Would be really good to try authentic Japanese food.
  • Hawaii, Mauritius, etc - Need I say more?
I have the chance to travel so much because of Sahaja Yoga.  Most of the countries I went is because there was an International Puja or Seminar.  Although I went there, sometimes I didn't get to travel around to feel the taste of that country.  Like I have not tour around Milan.  Just Cabella and this coming trip will be the same too.   Even when I stop at London, it's going to be a few hours only.  So won't get the chance to go places.

In some countries, I have only been to a few places, like for Australia, I haven't been to Gold Coast, for India, I would like to check out Rajasthan and for Italy, would like to visit Venice to ride the gondola or Vatican, to check out the beautiful paintings of Da Vinci and Michelangelo (if I am not mistaken).

Of all places, the most memorable experience was in New York where one day both Lat and I took a sub to New York City and went to Chinatown on our own.  It was a day full of adventures and I enjoyed it very much.  This is much better than following a tour anytime.  It would be good if we could watch a musical but too bad we didn't have enough time.

The only place that I went and didn't have a good experience was when we went to visit my China uncle in his village in Guangdong.  I was transparent in their eyes because they preferred guys to girls and at that time my cousin brother went with us.  So he got the attention all the time.  The food was not delicious at all and I ended up starving myself.  On top of that when my mom and I went to town to do some marketing, we were cheated of RMB100 because the person who gave us the change, gave us a fake note.  The most scary part was when we sleep at night, my China grandma would come and wake us up in the middle of the night to chit chat. 

Anyway, all in all, I think I am pretty lucky to have traveled quite a bit.  Places that I would love to go again would be New York, Universal Studio in Los Angeles (maybe go to the nearer one in Singapore) and go to Hong Kong again to go Disneyland this time.  Maybe Melbourne again since I have relatives staying there.

Tell you a secret.  I love going to the airport, not so much the flying bit, but airport, yes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1