Some random stuff...

I am actually quite busy at work.  Need to come up with a report fast before my flight this Friday.  But after having dealt with numbers the whole day, I feel I need a break from it and let's just blog.

Today is Onam Festival.  It is celebrated by Malayalees.  Many years ago, I didn't know that we have so many Indian groups.  I am only familiar with Tamilians because Malaysia has a lot of South Indians.  Later only I know that there are Malayalees too and most of them originated from Kerala.  I am familiar now with it because one of my friend is a Malayalee and I used to go to her parent's house during Onam to eat those super delicious Onam food.  Her mom is an excellent cook.  I especially missed the Pulisheri dish that her mom made.  It's a mango dish and it's oh-so-delicious.  My mouth is watering now as I type.

Today it's also the Hungry Ghost Festival.  The Chinese will celebrate this.  I seriously do not understand why we do this although I am a Chinese.  From young, my parents never practices this, which after Sahaj I am so glad.  It just doesn't make sense why would people worship 'bhoots'.  Apparently the Gates of Hell are open for a month starting today, on the 14th Day of the Seventh Lunar Month of the Chinese Calendar and all the 'bhoots', ghost, etc, etc, will be let out and come to Earth.  It's like being released from prison for a month.  So, people who are on Earth will prepare food and burn stuff for them.  A month from now, which is the 15th Day of the Eight Lunar Month, will be Mooncake Festival or Mid-Autumn Festival.  So, the Gates of Hell will be close a day before the Mooncake Festival.  Correct me if I am wrong, I think that's what it is although I heard that the Gates of Hell are open for the entire 7th Lunar Month.  This is the month where no Chinese will have any weddings or any other celebrations as it is deemed inauspicious.  

My mom used to tell me and my sister when we were young, not to go wandering at night on this day.  'You don't want to bump into them, do you?', she used to say.  Although they don't practice, they do believe in their existence.

Just looking forward for my trip to Cabella.  Some people already left for Cabella, some tomorrow, some the day after and I think we will be the last group from Malaysia to arrive in Cabella.  I just pray that the whole journey from airport to Cabella will be smooth with no disruptions and obstacles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1