Sisters in Sahaj (SIS)

One of the things that attracted me to Sahaj was how genuinely one treats another.  So much of love, care and real affections.  This is what Shri Mataji has given us, the ability to love and She said to love each other as She loves us. 

There are a few sisters in Sahaj (SIS) that I have gotten close to since joining Sahaj 10 years ago.  These sisters are in the bhajan group too.  They are Lat, Mala, Gerty, Jaso and new addition Kim.  We got closer from Sahaj music class because in the class we were taught to share our experiences and our Guru-ji sometimes gives us constructive critism and taught us to open up to talk and sing.  We are all very honest and direct in the class.  That's how we get to know each other better, especially through vibrations.  

These SIS have helped me a lot one way or the other.  Lat is an engineer and she is our teacher for Sahaj music class.  She learnt it when she was in Nagpur Music Academy in India and now she is sharing it with us.  She has helped me the most.  She is the only person I know who have an elephant's memory.  So, she remembers Shri Mataji's message and speech very well and if I miss anything, I can just ask her and she will tell me.  I feel she is a very deep person.  If I have any problems or something I don't understand, I will just ask her and she will tell me the answer.  She has a lot of love in her heart and have helped me a lot in this journey.

Mala is a lawyer and she is also a mother of teenagers.  She was the first few persons who approached me when I first got into Sahaja Yoga and she spoke to me and asked about my family and so on.  Now she is also in-charge of Yuva Shaktis in Malaysia and I feel that Shri Mataji is putting a lot of attention on the Yuva Shaktis and sent someone to help me.  

Gerty is a teacher and also a mother of teenagers.  She is a very strict person and sometimes can be really funny.  The things she said sometimes can be so hillarious although she is the only person who won't be laughing.  I feel she always have a soft spot for me for some reason.  

Jaso is also a teacher and also a mother of teenagers.  She is like a mother to me and to everyone else.  She is a good listener and a loving mother.

Kim is a doctor and I will go to her for medical advice.  She is very kind and sometimes will supply us with medicines and give medical advice FOC. 

It's interesting how each and everyone of us from different background, different race, different ages, came together and became close to each other.  We share problems, talk about Sahaj experiences which is such a great thing and I have learnt a lot from all of this and we talk about our families and everything else.  We helped each other to shoebeat our bosses and do bandhans for one another when anyone of us is not well.

Some people said we should mix with other people too in the collective and not just stay with the same few people we know.  This is a good thing I feel.  But, in my family, I am the only one who is in Sahaj.  So in other words, I am always with non-yogis.  From work to family.  Because they are non-yogis, there are some things which I don't agree on, like some things which are against the Sahaj culture, like drinking.  And because they are non-yogis, they can be easily off-balance and there is not much love and affection.  I came from a family who finds it hard to show affection for one another.  

Saturday is the only day I get to mix with yogis and enjoy the vibrations of each other.  So, I prefer to mix with my SIS because that's the only time I get to listen to Sahaj stories and get charged up for the coming week to deal with non-yogis.  Also to feel the love for one another.  We hugged and show our affection openly.  So, I have learn to open up more myself and learn to love.

Sometimes some people asked me, how come I am mixing with people who are 10 years older than me.  I didn't realise that I am actually the youngest in the group.  Well, first of all, there is not many people my age in Sahaj.  Secondly, when I talk to my SIS, I don't feel like I am 10 years younger, nor do I feel that I am their age.  I just feel age-less and all the topics that we talked about are so interesting which I feel it's timeless.  I have learnt a lot from their experiences, eg, how they are raising teenagers. 

In 2008, all 6 of us went to India for Christmas Puja.  It was the only time we were together for an International Puja.  Very unforgetable.

Thank You Shri Mataji for always being there for me.  I may not see You in person and yet You are always around.  Thank You for letting me meet with these SIS and letting me learn from them and share our ups and downs.  It definitely help me in my ascent in Sahaj.  Thank You for letting meet all these beautiful people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1