Exercising

It's been a few days since I started having lower backache.  I woke up on a Tuesday and was feeling extra tired because my lower back was aching badly.  It was not painful like until I cannot walk or something like that, I could still go on with my normal routine.  I drove to work.  However, sitting down at work, I began to feel more and more tired, like my body was not able to support.

I went to see a doctor and she can only prescribed me with muscle relaxant.  She told me several causes of it, poor posture, lift something heavy in a wrong way, exercise wrongly or UTI.  I suspected it was poor posture.

My old job requires me to go here and there a lot.  So, every week, I will be out of the office and at client's place.  When going out, I have to lugged along my laptop and several bags of files, depending on which client.  Wearing high heels and short skirts (my old office have this policy that girls have to wear skirts from Monday to Thursday) and lugging all those things along is no joke.  Especially for a small body built like me.  Sometimes, some client's place have no lift.  So, we have to walk 3 flight of stairs with all those things and high heels and short skirts.

At that time, I was really tired, but have to do it anyway.  I truly believe that if there is a will, there is a way.  So, no matter how reluctant and tired I was, I still have to do it.  And if I do it in an unhappy sort of way, I will be unhappy and the job won't turn out right.  So, I have to push aside all those tiredness and just move on.  There are many times I feel I am stuck in my job and feel like there's no escape.  

Don't get me wrong.  I like my job, meeting different people, doing different companies, going to places.  But my boss was getting on my nerves with his dictatorship.  I mean, where in the world still requires ladies to wear skirts to work?  Isn't that sexist?  Besides, it was not written in our office rule book, but was passed verbally from seniors to juniors. 

Anyway, now that I have left my old job, there's nothing to complain about.  My new job doesn't require me to go anyway.  So, I am in the campus ground the whole day, I don't even get to sun myself at lunch as we eat at the cafeteria.  Indoors the whole day.  Also, since I don't need to go anywhere, the only time I am walking is from my place to the washroom, which is like 150 steps from my office.  And from the parking space to my office, which is about 400 steps or more depending where I parked.  And from the office to the cafeteria, which is about 200 steps.  I walked to my manager's table, which is 3 steps.  And that's about the walking I do.  So, I sit almost the whole day, at my desk, starting at the computer.

It's already 1 month at the new place and then suddenly I have this lower backache and was unfit for work for 2 days.  Doctors cannot give exact reason but only medication to stop the ache.  I stopped the pill after 1 day as I don't like to depend on pills.  

I didn't realise that my old job, although I was getting tired all the time walking here and there, carrying heavy stuff, I was actually doing a lot of exercise without realising it.  Carrying those files are like lifting weights.  Walking around was my cardio exercise.  Now, I am just sitting the whole day and very minimal exercise, I am having aches here and there.  I am getting weaker day by day and getting tired from not moving about.  

It's crazy but it's true.  Exercise, stretching helps the body.  Sitting around like a couch potato pampers the body for the wrong reason.  This is how I feel since going through this body ache episode. 

I have to exercise every morning.  No more waking up just in time for work.  I need to do proper warm up, proper posture while exercising and stretching.  I did some today, until I can sweat.  And I feel energised.  Body ache is still there but is lesser now.  

So, conclusion, exercise is good for body ache.

What a long post, just to tell you the conclusion.  I have been told I am long-winded.  

For those who like the Sahaja Yoga Calendar 2010, here it is:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1