God with us always

I was feeling a bit down and unhappy over some things that had happened and felt totally helpless. I was wondering why these things happened and whether it is part of God's plan. Then, I watched a movie with the title, 'Love Comes Softly' and I felt better after listening to one part of the dialogue.

The movie was set in the cowboy times and the main actress (I have forgotten her name, but she acted in Grey's Anatomy) became a young widow after her husband, whom she got married a few days ago, died after falling off his horse and hit his head on a stone. After the funeral, a nice man (a widower) came to her and asked her to married him out of convenience as he wants a mother for his 9 year old daughter and he knows that the widow needed a place to stay.

She agreed because she was all alone, family is back in town, and has no means to support herself. Anyway, she went to live with this man, and taught the girl to read while she learn to accept her fate day after day.

On Sundays, this man will go to an isolated place alone (where he calls it his church) and he will sit on a stone and stare at the sky and sing praises to God and pray. One day, the man brought this lady to his 'church' and told her to pray. The dialogue goes like this :

Lady : Why do you pray? Where is your God? If your God is here, how come He let your wife died, how come He make your daughter grew up without a mother, how come He took my husband away?

Man : Well, look at it this way. When my daughter fell down and cried, I didn't make her fall. I don't want her to fall, but she fell anyway. But that doesn't mean I don't love her. I care for her a lot. But eventhough she fell, I will pick her up and soothe her. I will be there for her. You see, God will always be there for us to help us when we fall, to love us always. God doesn't want to make us unhappy, but sometimes things happened.

I thought those words were superb. So many times, almost all the time, I forget how we are all protected by the Divine, and things are taken care of by the Paramchaitanya. God want us to be joyful, not unhappy. It is us to makes ourselves unhappy. We must have faith in the Divine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matka pot treatment - Night 1

Information for pregnant Sahaja Yoginis

Sahaja Yoga has cured me - Part 1